Translated chapter summaries from The Beck Diet Solution, 2007, Judith S. Beck, Oxmoor House
- Cognitive therapy is a psychological treatment that will help you successfully reduce excess clutter and keep it away.
- The way you think about time, procrastination, and planning affects your behavior and how you feel emotionally.
- Certain ways of thinking make it difficult to follow a plan and to maintain clutter reduction.
- The Beck [organization] solution takes you through a six week process to change sabotaging thoughts (that cause you to stray from your plan) to helpful thinking (that will lead to success).
– Procrastination is not automatic. You can learn how to take control.
– Many situations trigger thoughts about procrastinating, but there are techniques that you can learn to avoid or minimize these triggers.
– When you encounter a trigger, your thoughts determine whether you act in a productive way that strengthens your resistance muscle or an unproductive way that strengthens your giving in muscle.
– Responding to your sabotaging thoughts is a skill that you can use for your lifetime to reduce clutter permanently.